Nori Maki, Onigiri, Miso Soup
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Salmon fillet||1 , Pan fried|
|For salmon nori maki|
|Salmon rice mixture||4 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber stick||3 Small|
|Salmon rice mixture||2 Tablespoon|
|For cucumber nori maki|
|Rice mixture||4 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber stick||1 Large|
|For smoked salmon nori maki|
|Smoked salmon slices||3|
|For smoked salmon sushi|
|Smoked salmon slices||2|
|Miso paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, mix together rice, rice vinegar, sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt, and allow to cool, to make the white rice mixture.
2. In another bowl, shred the pan fried salmon and remove the bones.
3. Mix the salmon with about 1/3 of rice mixture and add in ¾ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
For salmon nori maki
4. Place a nori sheet on a sushi mat, and spread the salmon rice mixture.
5. Put little wasabi over the salmon rice mixture.
6. Arrange few cucumber sticks over salmon rice mixture.
7. Roll nori sheet holding the sushi sheet, and press the roll lightly to roll it tight.
8. Using a sharp knife, cut the sushi in bite size pieces.
9. Cut the nori sheet in small rectangular pieces.
10. Take about 2 tablespoon of salmon rice mixture, and shape it in triangle.
11. Wrap the nori sheet piece on the base of triangle.
For cucumber nori maki
12. Place a nori sheet on a sushi mat, and spread the white rice mixture on it.
13. Put little wasabi over the rice mixture.
14. Arrange cucumber stick over the rice mixture.
15. Roll nori sheet holding the sushi sheet, and press the roll lightly to roll it tight.
16. Using a sharp knife, cut the sushi in bite size pieces.
For smoked salmon nori maki
17. Place a nori sheet on a sushi mat, and spread the white rice mixture on it.
18. Put little wasabi over the rice mixture.
19. Arrange smoked salmon over the rice mixture.
20. Roll nori sheet holding the sushi sheet, and press the roll lightly to roll it tight.
21. Using a sharp knife, cut the sushi in bite size pieces.
For smoked salmon sushi
22. Shape about 2 tablespoons of white rice mixture into a ball.
23. Lightly apply little wasabi on it.
24. Spread and cover the top with smoked salmon.
25. Add soy sauce into the pickles and set aside.
26. In a saucepan, put water and bring to a boil.
27. Put in wakame seaweed, cover and allow to soak for 3 minutes
28. Add hondashi and miso paste to the hot water and stir well to mix.
29. Sprinkle green onion on top.
30. Serve the sushi with pickles and soup.
Calories 983 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.2 mg23.7%
Sodium 3431.5 mg143%
Total Carbohydrates 159 g52.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 59 g117.1%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 23.1%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 37.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet