Easy Homemade Jambalaya
|Chicken breast/Alligator, pork, shrimp, scallops, or frog legs||1 Pound, sliced (cut into 1 inch thin strips)|
|Hot italian turkey sausage/Pork sausage||1 Pound|
|Safflower oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, chopped|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Louisiana hot sauce||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Chop garlic, celery, red bell pepper, parsley, keep aside.
2. On a chopping board cut the chicken breast into thin strips, set aside.
3. In a cast iron skillet, heat safflower oil and stir-fry the chicken pieces until turned white.
4. Remove the chicken pieces and place the sausages on the skillet for cooking.
5. To cook the sausages, fry them on both sides until brown.
6. Add water and let the sausages simmer in the liquid.
7. Once cooked, slice the sausages into bite size pieces.
8. In the skillet, saute chopped red bell pepper, garlic, parsley, and celery for about 2 minutes.
9. Add chicken stock, canned tomatoes (undrained), chopped green onion, blackening seasoning, cajun seasoning, Louisiana hot sauce, and stir well for 3 minutes.
10. Add the rice, sausage, chicken, salt, oregano and cook on medium-high flame until most of the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
11. Switch the flame off, cover the skillet with a lid tightly and place it in the oven to bake at 400F for 25 minutes.
12. After the dish is baked, remove lid and move or fluff the rice around and serve on a plate.
You can also use frog legs, aligator, shrimps, crawfish in place of chicken.
And pork sausages in place of turkey sausages
Safflower oil is the best for high temperature cooking or frying as opposed to other oils.