Legendry Tabasco Jambalaya with Honey and Orange
|Chicken thigh meat||1⁄2 Pound, cut into small strips|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange zest||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1⁄4 Medium, juiced|
|For the chicken stock|
|Chicken stock block||1⁄2|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, seeded, chopped finely|
|Chorizo||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Salt||2 Pinch (to taste)|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Orange||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
1. In a pan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Put the chicken pieces.
2. Stir and allow to cook till it begins to brown.
3. Put the orange zest, orange juice and honey, stir it well and cook till it coats the chicken well.
4. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
5. In another pan, boil water and add the chicken stock cube. Bring it to boil and cook for a few minutes. Set aside.
6. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Put the onions and sauté till it turns golden brown.
7. Add the bell peppers and garlic and cook for another few minutes.
8. Put in the chorizo and continue to cook. Add tomatoes and mix well.
9. Season with salt and put in the rice. Pour the chicken stock and return the chicken to the pan. Mix well.
10. Cover the pan and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes or the rice is cooked.
11. Remove the lid and let the water evaporate. Add the Tabasco sauce and mix it well till well combined. Sprinkle parsley over it and stir.
12. Cook for a few more minutes and turn off the heat.
13. In a serving bowl, serve the jambalaya hot, garnished with orange juice and parsley.