1. Place a large skillet on medium high heat, pour oil and crisp bacon in it. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, drop sausage and ham. Crisp them as well. Remove from pan.
3. Pour little oil in the same skillet, drop celery, green pepper, carrot, and onion in it. Stir, and cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until caramelized.
4. Add Cajun seasoning and mix it well with oil.
5. Throw rice ,cooked sausage, and ham. Mix well.
6. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt and thyme. Mix.
7. Pour water to cover everything. Reduce the heat , cover it with lid, and allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and let it stand for 20 minutes. Discard thyme, and fluff rice with fork.
9. Serve jambalaya with crumbled bacon and parsley.