|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced to 3/4 inch pieces|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can / 1 Pound 12 Ounce)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), sliced (Small One)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced and quartered|
|Green peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Inch Squares)|
|Uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shrimp||3 Can (30 oz), deveined and drained (Small Ones)|
1) Into a blender, add the diced ham. Pulse on low speed twice or thrice to coarsely chop the ham.
2) Into a bowl, add in the ham.
3) Into the blender, add in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, garlic, onion, green pepper, salt, thyme and pepper. Pulse for a few seconds till the onions and green peppers are just coarsely chopped.
4) Into a large skillet or Dutch oven, add in the above mixture. Add in the uncooked rice. Stir well.
5) Cover the vessel and cook for 25 to 30 minutes on low flame till the rice becomed tender.
6) Add in the ham and drained shrimps. Mix well. Cook till the meat heats through, in about 8 to 10 minutes.
7) Serve the Shrimp Jambalaya garnished with chopped parsley.
Calories 547 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 347.3 mg115.8%
Sodium 977 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.4%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 60 g119.6%
Vitamin A 44.3% Vitamin C 101.2%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 53.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet