|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut strips|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into squares|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (medium sized)|
|Condensed tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raw rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped (for garnish)|
1) In a large skillet, heat oil. Add in the ham, onion, green pepper and garlic. Saute till the ham browns and the vegetables turn tender.
2) Stir in salad oil, condensed tomato soup, water, raw rice, bay leaf and tobasco sauce.
3) Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
4) Cover the skillet and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes. Stir often.
5) Lastly, add in the cooked shrimps. Continue cooking on low for 5 more minutes till the rice is cooked through and the shrimps have heated up.
6) Serve the Jambalaya hot, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.56 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.7 mg27.6%
Sodium 341.4 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 18 g35.7%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 51.2%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet