|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Cajun style tomatoes||29 Ounce (Two 14 1/2 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cooked shrimp||6 Ounce, frozen (1 Packet)|
1) Boil the rice in a pot of boiling water as per its packet instructions. Set aside and keep warm.
2) In a Dutch-oven, heat oil and saute onions, until soft.
3) Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking. Add in the flour and keep stirring for about 4 minutes to make sure no lumps are formed.
4) Add in thyme, cayenne pepper, cloves and bay leaves. Mix well and cook for 4 minutes longer before turning down the flame.
5) Add in the cooked ham and shrimp along with the cooked rice. Let cook for about 20 minutes till all the ingredients are heated through. Keep stirring intermittently and add water if too dry.
6) Serve the Shrimp Jambalaya hot, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.