|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, blanched, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, seeded and diced|
|All-purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce, dissolved in 1 cup warm water (1 Packet)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Dissolving The Broth And Seasoning Mix)|
|Ham||4 Ounce, diced , boiled|
|Regular long-grain rice||2 Ounce, uncooked|
|Fresh chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper sauce/Hot sauce||1 Dash|
|Shrimp||6 Small, shelled and deveined|
|Oysters||6 Small, shucked and rinsed, reserve oyster liquid|
1) In 10-inch nonstick skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the margarine until the onion is translucent.
2) Stir in the tomato and bell pepper and saute for another 1 minute.
3) Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir constantly and cook for 1 minute.
4) Stir in the dissolved broth mix, stir in the ham, rice, and seasonings and bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Simmer covered over a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is tender.
6) Stir in the shrimp, oysters and reserved oyster liquid, toss well to mix, cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp is pink and edges of oysters curl.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.5 mg24.8%
Sodium 134.3 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 53.6%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet