|Bacon fat/Rendered ham fat||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Pork link sausages||6 , highly seasoned|
|Diced ham||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Country Type)|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (Large Clove)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry red pepper/1/4 teaspoon creole / cayenne pepper||1 , crushed (1 1/2 Inches In Size)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, diced|
|Minced parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Raw shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound, shelled|
|Raw oysters||1 1⁄2 Pound, shucked|
1) In a heavy pot with a tight fitting lid, melt the fat.
2) Add the sausages and onions and stir over medium heat till the sausages have browned slightly and the onions are translucent.
3) Add the flour and slowly cook, constantly stirring, till the mixture has turned light brown.
4) Add the tomatoes and ham and cover tightly. Cook gently over low heat for about 30 minutes.
5) Add the garlic, rice, stock, seasoning, parsley and green pepper.
6) Cover tightly once again and gently cook over very low heat for 40 minutes or till the rice has cooked properly but is not mushy. Do not stir.
7) Add the shrimp, cook for 2 minutes and then add the oysters. Cook for another 3 minutes and then adjust the seasoning.
8) Serve hot.