Gonzales Chicken Jambalaya
|Non stick olive oil cooking spray||1|
|Turkey sausage||1⁄4 Pound (Links)|
|Canned fat free reduced sodium chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||8 Ounce, medium diced|
|Black forest ham slice||4 Ounce, medium diced (1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Green And White Parts)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot pepper sauce||2 Teaspoon (Use Less For Milder Taste)|
|Dried thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Uncooked white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Coat large Dutch oven with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage. Brown thoroughly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove. Halve sausages lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Return to hot pan. Stir, adding a splash of chicken broth to prevent sausage from sticking and overbrowning.
2. Add chicken. Cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until lightly browned, adding more chicken broth as needed to prevent sticking and overbrowning. Add ham. Cook, stirring, 1 more minute. Remove meats. Set aside. Add splash of chicken broth to pan, stirring up any browned bits from bottom.
3. Add onion, green pepper, celery, green onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring, over high heat until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth as needed to prevent sticking and overbrowning.
4. Add tomatoes and remaining chicken broth. Add all remaining ingredients, except rice. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan cook rice according to package directions. Stir rice into chicken mixture. Heat through. Serve in shallow bowls.