17 Jul 2014
In this video recipe Barry Lewis shows you how to make a delicious Jambalaya recipe featuring chicken thighs, chorizo, fish, sweetcorn and rice, it's loaded to the max and simple to chuck together - give this one a go and put your own spin on it adding whatever you like!
|Chicken thighs||400 Gram|
|Fish fillet||1 (sustanable, I went for coley)|
|Chorizo/Spicy sausage equivalent||100 Gram|
|Canned plum tomatoes||400 Gram (1 tin)|
|Red pepper||1 , sliced|
|Spring onions||2 , sliced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Red chilli||1 , chopped and de-seeded|
|Chicken stock cube||1|
|Long grain rice||250 Gram|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Chilli powder||To Taste|
- Marinate fish fillet with salt and chilli powder.
- Heat a saucepan with oil and sauté the chicken pieces in it until chicken gets cooked. Once done, transfer it to another bowl.
- In the same saucepan, cook the marinated fish fillets on both sides for 2 minutes. Once done, transfer it to another bowl.
- Saute onions in little oil in the same saucepan. Once it gets cooked add chopped chorizos and cook well.
- Add chopped garlic, Cajun seasoning, smoked paprika and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped pepper, sweetcorn, bell pepper, spring onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked fish fillet, chicken, canned tomatoes, water, stock cube and rice. Cover with lid and cook until the rice gets cooked with occasional stirring.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Things You Will NeedSaucepan with lid
Preparation Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:15 Minutes
Ready In:25 Minutes
Jambalaya Recipe Video