1. Cut vanilla beans lengthwise and scrape off black seeds from inside.
2. In a large pan, drop blueberries, sugar, vanilla beans, vanilla seed, and lemon juice.
3. Place pan on medium high heat, mix and bring it to rapid boil.
4. Reduce heat, and let it simmer for about 1- 1 ½ hours or until the jam thickens and a shiny crust starts to form on top. Stir occasionally.
5. To check if your jam is done, quickly dip spoon inside it. Take your finger across the back of spoon. If your jam leaves a clean mark then it is done.
6. Take vanilla bean out and discard.
7. Sterilize jar, and pour jam in it. Cover it with lid.
8. Store it in cool place for up to a year.
9. Serve blueberry jam with toast, and a cup of tea.
It’s always better to store your jams and preserves in the right way so that their shelf life is increased, follow the instructions as shown in the video for some quick tips.