A sweet Raw Mango chutney prepared in no time. Mango season is here and with the abundance of raw mangoes available, it's the perfect time to make this quick Sakharamba and store in large canters to enjoy all year. This sweet and tangy mango chutney is the perfect accompaniment to theplas, parathas and can also be enjoyed as a spread over a slice of toasted bread!
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
2 Pinch (about 7-8 threads)
1. Peel the raw mango and finely grate using the fine holes on the grater.
2. Now mix sugar, cardamom powder and saffron with grated mango, cover and keep for 10 minutes.
3. Place the bowl with the sugared mango mixture in the microwave and cook over high power for 3 minutes.
4. After 3 minutes, give the mixture a good stir and continue to microwave for another 3 minutes. Stir the mixture after 1 ½ minutes or so.
5. Stir again and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes more or until the sugar syrup reaches two thread consistency.
6. Let the Sakhar Amba cool down to room temperature.
7. Store the chutney/jam in a clean glass jar. It lasts for a month at room temperature and up to 6 months in the refrigerator.
8. Serve the Sakhar Amba warm or cold, with theplas, over toast or with parathas. Also makes a good accompaniment to a meal.