|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Pound|
1. In a pan, place the fruit and pour the water
2. Bring to a ra[id boil.
3. Reduce heat and keep simmering until the blackcurrants turn soft.
4. Now stir in the sugar, and boil quickly and continously, until the mixture isthick and viscous.
5. Pack into sterilized jars.
6. Cool and seal. Store in a cool place.
7. You can use it as a filling in pies, or eat it with pancakes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2480 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.77%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.1 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 637 g212.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 566.5 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 20.9% Vitamin C 1368.5%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 39.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet