Strawberry Freezer Jam
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely mashed|
|Powdered pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce|
1) Stir strawberries and sugar,and let it stand for 20 minutes.
2) In the mixture add pectin and water in a 4-cup glass measure, stir it well.
3) Microwave at high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until boiling.
4) Let it boil for a minute , stirring after 45 seconds.
5) Pour pectin mixture over the fruit,stirring for next 3 minutes.
6) Pour into sterilized jelly glasses or frozen food containers.
7) Let it stand at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours or until jelly is formed.
8) If to be stored in freezer keep for atleast as year or if chosen to be refrigerated keep it for three weeks.
9) Before serving, keep it in room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3455 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 498.7 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 876 g292.1%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 866 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 343.8%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet