Ground Cherry Jam
|Ground cherry||2 Cup (32 tbs), husked and washed (Fully ripe)|
|Fresh lemon peel||1 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Tablespoon|
1. Into a heavy 3- to 4-quart enameled saucepan crush the ground cherries lightly with the back of a wooden spoon.
2. Add the lemon peel and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Cook briskly, uncovered, for 5 minutes until a ground cherry can be easily mashed against the side of the pot with the back of the spoon.
4. Stirring constantly, add the sugar and boil vigorously for 1 minute.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the liquid pectin.
6. Carefully skim off the surface foam with a large spoon.
7. Ladle the jam into hot sterilized jars or jelly glasses and seal them at once.
8. Serve or use them as desired.