Quick Raspberry Jam
|Frozen sweetened raspberries||20 Ounce, defrosted but still slightly frozen (2 packages, 10 oz. each)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1/2 box)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In 2-qt measure or 3-qt casserole combine berries, juice, peel and pectin.
3) Microwave the mixture at High 9 1/2 to 12 minutes, or until mixture boils at full speed from all sides and in center.
4) Stir twice during cooking and mash the raspberries.
5) Add in sugar.
6) Microwave at High 3 1/2 to 6 minutes, or until mixture boils at full speed from all sides and in center.
7) Let it boil for 1 minute.
10) Use the raspberry jam on taost and pancakes.
11) It can also be used as a filling in raspberry pie.
12) If not using, keep in refrigerator or store in hot sterlized jar.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2298 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 105.4 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 595 g198.3%
Dietary Fiber 29.5 g118.2%
Sugars 523.4 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 168.8%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet