Microwave Cooked Blueberry Jam
|Fresh blueberries||1 1⁄2 Pint, washed and drained|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1/2 Of 3.5 Ounce Box)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In 2-qt measure or 3-qt casserole mash the berries.
3) Add lemon juice, peel, and pectin.
4) Microwave at High 10 to 12 minutes, or until mixture boils fully fromthe center and on the edges.
5) Stir the boiling mixture twice during cooking.
6) Add sugar.
7) Microwave at High 5 to 7 minutes, or until mixture comes to a full rolling boil, stirring after half the time.
8) Boil 1 minute.
9) In hot sterlized jars, pour the sauce, seal and keep.
10) Use the blueberry jam on taost and pancakes.
11) It can also be used as a filling in blueberry pie.
12) If not using, keep in refrigerator or store in hot sterlized jar.