Jam Sauce in the Microwave
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
1) Combine jam and water and cook in deep dish that is covered.
2) Cook for about 2 minutes (stir during the process).
3) Add a little water to arrowroot and combine to make a smooth paste.
4) Add the arrowroot paste to the jam mixture and stir in well.
5) Cook the mixture for about 1 - 2 minutes, till it thickens
and turns clear.
6) Serve the sauce either with a sponge pudding or it can be served cold with ice cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.06 g0.1%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.05%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 21.8 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.2%
Sugars 29.1 g
Protein 0.65 g1.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet