|Blackberries||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Caster sugar||2 3⁄4 Pound|
|Liquid pectin||4 Fluid Ounce|
1. In a bowl sieve or mash blackberries and sugar and stir the mixture well.
2. Keep it aside for 20 minutes by stirring at occasional intervals. Stir in pectin and mix for another 3 minutes.
3. Add to a waxed or rigid plastic container, seal and cover tightly.
4. Keep them at room temperature for about a day or two until jellied before freezing.
5. Serve the blackberry jam as a spread over bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5383 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.1%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.8 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1319 g439.7%
Dietary Fiber 38.5 g154.2%
Sugars 1280.6 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 238.2%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet