Paradise Pear Jam
|Pears||2 Pound, unpeeled, cored and ground|
|Orange||1 Medium, unpeeled, seeded and ground|
|Lemon||1 Medium, unpeeled, seeded and ground|
|Crushed pineapple||8 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Chopped maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. In a large Dutch oven, combine first 6 ingredients stirring well and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
2. Add sugar and return to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and with a metal spoon skim off foam.
4. Quickly ladle jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
5. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight.
6. Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
7. Use the pear jam on toasts, breads, cakes or as desired.