Paradise Pear Jam
|Pears||2 Pound, unpeeled, cored and ground|
|Orange||1 Medium, unpeeled, seeded and ground|
|Lemon||1 Medium, unpeeled, seeded and ground|
|Crushed pineapple||8 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Chopped maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. In a large Dutch oven, combine first 6 ingredients stirring well and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
2. Add sugar and return to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and with a metal spoon skim off foam.
4. Quickly ladle jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
5. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight.
6. Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
7. Use the pear jam on toasts, breads, cakes or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4873 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.82%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 111.8 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1269 g422.9%
Dietary Fiber 43 g172.1%
Sugars 1155.5 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 318.4%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet