Buttery Jam Tarts
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Softened butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cherry preserves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Heat oven to 350°.
2) In a large bowl add all ingredients, keeping aside the cherry preserves.
3) Gently beat the mix, scraping the bowl regularly till well mixed.
4) Flour a surface and roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness, using only half at a time.
5) Cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter and place half of the cookies 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
6) In the center of each cookie, add 1 teaspoonful cherry preserve.
7) Make small x or cutout with very small cookie cutter in the top of the remaining cookies.
8) Place on top of cherry preserves.
9) Together press down the edges with a fork.
10) Place in the oven for 11 to 13 minutes, or till the edges are lightly browned.
11) Serve with a dollop of sweet cream.