Blushing Peach Jam
|Peaches||1 1⁄2 Pound, crushed, peeled and pitted (2 cups)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||6 Ounce (1 bottle)|
|Almond extract||4 Drop|
1. In a medium bowl, mix together crushed peaches and 2 tablespoon of lemon juice; keep aside.
2. In another medium bowl, crush berries and mix with remaining 2 tablespoon of lemon juice.
3. In a heavy kettle, mix together peaches, raspberries and sugar; stir constantly and heat until mixture reaches full rolling boiling and then boil for 1 minute.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in pectin.
5. Skim top and stir in extract.
6. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
7. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
8. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
10. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
11. Serve Blushing Peach Jam over toast or spread over bread to enjoy.