Blackberry Huckleberry Jam
|Wild blackberries||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Huckleberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1/2 bottle)|
1. Wash and pick blackberries; crush them.
2. Wash and pick huckleberries; leave the green ones.
3. In a large saucepan, place blackberries and add water; bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Using a food mill or coarse sieve, force the mixture through it to get thick juice.
5. Add huckleberries to the juice and measure to get 4 cups (if required, add water to get volume).
6. In a very large saucepan, mix together fruit, pulp and sugar; stir constantly and bring to full rolling boil and then, hard boil for 1 minute.
7. Remove pan from heat and stir in pectin.
8. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
9. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
10. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
11. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
12. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
13. Serve Blackberry Huckleberry Jam with bread and butter.