Sweet Cherry Berry Jam
|Sweet red cherries||4 Cup (64 tbs), pitted|
|Raspberries||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Red or black)|
|Sugar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. Chop cherries or grind them coarsely.
2. In a large saucepan, place cherries, cover and heat slowly; simmer for 5-7 minutes until skin is slightly soft.
3. Gently stir in raspberries and sugar.
4. Increase heat and cook at 218° Fahrenheit for 15 minutes; do no cook over 20 minutes.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Use Sweet Cherry/Berry Jam for garnishing desserts and as topping for kids dishes.