Peach Pineapple Jam
|Orange||1 , peel grated and pulp juiced|
|Canned crushed unsweetened pineapple||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 cup)|
|Sugar||To Taste (as needed)|
1. Peel peaches; mash.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix mashed peaches with orange peel, juice and pineapple.
3. Add 3/4 to 1 cup sugar for every cup of fruit depending on the tartness of fruits.
4. In a large saucepan, cook fruit mixture rapidly with frequent stirring until desired consistency is achieved.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Use Peach/Pineapple Jam for topping desserts or simply apply over bread or toast and serve.