Peach Apricot Jam
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Peel fruits and slice; mix together all fruits and measure, should be 6 cups.
2. In a large bowl, add ½ to 1 cup sugar for every cup of fruit depending on the tartness of fruits.
3. Let the fruit-sugar mixture stand for 2 hours to release juices.
4. In a large kettle, simmer fruit mixture for 20 minutes until mixture is thick.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Serve Peach/Apricot Jam with pancakes or garnish desserts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1773 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.1 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 447 g148.9%
Dietary Fiber 24.9 g99.8%
Sugars 421.6 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 379% Vitamin C 201.1%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet