Red Raspberry Apricot Jam
|Dried apricots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh red raspberries||9 Cup (144 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, heat apricots in water; simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Stir in raspberries, sugar and salt; cook over high heat with constant stirring for 15 minutes until mixture is of desired consistency.
3. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Use Red Raspberry/Apricot Jam for topping cheesecakes or simply apply over bread and serve.