Easy Strawberry Jam
|Strawberries||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. Wash cranberries, drain, hull and crush them.
2. If they are very ripe and sweet, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice for every cup of crushed berries.
3. In a large saucepan, mixed together crushed cranberries and sugar; quickly boil to jellying state.
4. Into hot sterilized jars, pour hot mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Serve Strawberry Jam as dessert topping or apply over bread toast and serve.