Red Raspberry Plum Jam
|Tart plums||4 Pound, pitted for 9 cups (red)|
|Red raspberries||1 Pound (4 cups)|
|Sugar||To Taste (as needed)|
1. In a food chopped, using medium blade, grind plums and raspberries together.
2. Measure fruit mixture in cups and measure 1 cup sugar for every cup of fruit.
3. In a saucepan, mix fruit and sugar; bring mixture to a boil and then boil for about 20 minutes with constant stirring until jellying point.
4. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Use Red Raspberry/Plum Jam as dessert topping.