Apricot Orange Jam
|Dried apricots||1 Pound|
|Canned crushed unsweetened pineapple||40 Ounce (2 cans, 1 pound 4 ounce each)|
|Sugar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan, soak apricots in water for overnight.
2. Once apricots are cooked, without peeling oranges, cut them in quarters and remove seeds.
3. In the same saucepan with soaking water, cook apricots until they are soft.
4. In a food chopper, chop oranges with peel and apricots.
5. In a large saucepan, mix fruit mixture and sugar; cook for 20-25 minutes.
6. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
7. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
8. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
10. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
11. Serve Apricot/Orange Jam over pancakes, toasts, waffles or just about anything you like.