Blueberry Raspberry Jam
|Red raspberries||1 Quart|
|Sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||6 Ounce (1 bottle)|
1. Crush berries and measure, add water, if required, to make 4 cups
2. In a large saucepan, combine crushed berries and add sugar; mix well.
3. Heat to full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute with constant stirring.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in pectin; skim.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Serve Blueberry/Raspberry Jam with bread or use for decorating desserts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6201 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.3 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1586 g528.6%
Dietary Fiber 76.6 g306.3%
Sugars 1488.4 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 490.6%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 44.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet