|Currants||5 1⁄4 Cup (84 tbs), stemmed|
|Sugar||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a large saucepan, Place currant and crush them; heat slightly to release juice.
2. Stir in sugar until well dissolved.
3. Stir in lemon juice; shake pan in circular motion and bring the mixture to boil.
4. Stir constantly and boil until jellying point.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Serve Currant Jam with pancakes, waffles, cupcakes or cakes.