Spiced Peach Jam
|Ripe peaches||3 Pound, peeled, pitted and ground or chopped fine (4 cups)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1/2 bottle)|
1) In a saucepan, combine the peaches and lemon juice together.
2) Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and allspice; mix thoroughly.
3) Bring to a full rolling boil over a high heat and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4) Remove from heat and immediately stir in pectin.
5) Skim off the foam with a metal spoon.
6) Allow the mixture to slightly cool, stir and skim at an interval of 5 minutes.
7) Ladle the 6 half-pints jam into hot, sterilized jars and seal.
8) Allow the jam to set for about 2 weeks before using.
9) Use the Spiced Peach Jam as required.