Spiced Peach Jam
|Ripe peaches||3 Pound, peeled, pitted and ground or chopped fine (4 cups)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1/2 bottle)|
1) In a saucepan, combine the peaches and lemon juice together.
2) Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and allspice; mix thoroughly.
3) Bring to a full rolling boil over a high heat and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4) Remove from heat and immediately stir in pectin.
5) Skim off the foam with a metal spoon.
6) Allow the mixture to slightly cool, stir and skim at an interval of 5 minutes.
7) Ladle the 6 half-pints jam into hot, sterilized jars and seal.
8) Allow the jam to set for about 2 weeks before using.
9) Use the Spiced Peach Jam as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6380 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 0.34 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.4 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1647 g549.1%
Dietary Fiber 25.8 g103.1%
Sugars 1614.4 g
Protein 13 g26.1%
Vitamin A 89.5% Vitamin C 198.9%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet