Tri Cherry Jam
|Light sweet cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dark sweet cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tart red cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
1. Pit cherries and measure with cup.
2. In a food processor or coarsely grind cherries.
3. In a large saucepan, cook ground cherries until skin is soft.
4. Stir in sugar and lemon juice; cook at 218° Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes until the mixture thickens; do no overcook.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Serve Tri Cherry Jam over toasts, cupcakes, pancakes or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4950 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.2 g1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.7 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1281 g426.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.2%
Sugars 1258.9 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 129%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet