|Refined flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Jam||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for dusting and rolling)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
3. Add shortening and mix lightly using palm of your hands.
4. Add milk, little by little and knead into dough.
5. On a dusted surface, place dough and roll into ¼ inch thickness.
6. Cut into 3 inch x 1 inch strips.
7. Using a pastry brush, apply jam on half the strips and top with remaining strips.
8. Twist the strips to get curls and place on a baking tray (preferably lined with silpat).
9. Bake in pre heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
11. Transfer on to a platter and serve immediately.