Plum Raspberry Jam
|Prune plums||3 Pound|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Frozen red raspberries||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Pit plums.
2. In a food chopper with medium blade, process pitted plum and measure; should be 6 cups.
3. In a 6 quart saucepan, mix plums and sugar; bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes until mixture is thick; stir occasionally.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Serve Plum/Raspberry Jam over pancakes or over toast.