Plum Raspberry Jam
|Prune plums||3 Pound|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Frozen red raspberries||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Pit plums.
2. In a food chopper with medium blade, process pitted plum and measure; should be 6 cups.
3. In a 6 quart saucepan, mix plums and sugar; bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes until mixture is thick; stir occasionally.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Serve Plum/Raspberry Jam over pancakes or over toast.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4597 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1190 g396.5%
Dietary Fiber 37.3 g149.1%
Sugars 1146.2 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 93.9% Vitamin C 215.4%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet