Peach Plum Jam
|Peaches||3 Pound, peeled and chopped (4 Cups)|
|Red plums||5 Cup (80 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , very thinly sliced|
1. In a large kettle, mix together peaches, plums, sugar and lemon slices; boil over high heat with constant stirring until mixture is thick.
2. Remove kettle from heat and skim foam on top.
3. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Serve Peach/Plum Jam with pancakes or garnish desserts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7159 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.7 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1846 g615.3%
Dietary Fiber 36.1 g144.4%
Sugars 1804.5 g
Protein 20 g39.1%
Vitamin A 152.9% Vitamin C 370.6%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet