Peachy Pear Jam
|Peaches||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), mashed|
|Pears||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), mashed|
|Sugar||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon (Of 2 Lemons)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Liquid fruit pectin||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Bottle)|
1. In a large kettle, mix together fruit, sugar, lemon juice and spices; bring to full rolling boil and boil over high heat for 1 minute with constant stirring.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in pectin; skim.
3. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Use Peachy Pear Jam for garnishing desserts or spread over toasts and serve.