Homemade Blueberry Strawberry Jam
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Sterilize 6 (1/2-pint) preserve jars with screw on lids.
2. Wash and hull the strawberries
3. Place them in a basin and crush them with the back of a large metal spoon to release the juices.
4. Measure and reserve 3 cups.
5. Similarly wash, hull and crush blueberries and reserve 3 cups.
6. In a large (6-quart) non-metallic saucepan, combine measured berries, sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice.
7. Cook on a medium low flame, stirring constantly until it comes to a rolling boil.
8. Continue to boil the mixture for 40 to 50 minutes or until the mixture is thick and viscous and leaves a trail when stirred.
9. Take the pan off the heat and let cool slightly so that the scum surfaces.
10. Carefully skim off the scum.
11. Spoon into the sterilized preserve jars, filling almost to the rim.
12. Cover with circles of wax paper and close lids tightly.
13. Immerse the jars in a bath of boiling water for 5 minutes.
14. Store in a cool dry area like pantry.
15. Serve the homemade jam with homemade breads or use as required in cooking.