Best Strawberry Jam
|Sliced fresh strawberries||2 Pint (About 6 Cups)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberry flavored gelatin||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) In 2-qt. bowl, crush the berries slightly.
2) Stir in the lemon peel, juice and sugar.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil in the microwave at HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes, stir frequently.
4) Simmer in the microwave at 5 for 10 minutes stirring at times.
5) Lastly stir in the gelatins.
6) Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
7) In plastic freezer containers, spoon in the jam with a 1/2 inch gap at the top.
8) Allow the containers to stand till the jam cools down to room temperature.
9) Cover the containers and store in the freezer or refrigerator.
10) Serve when desired.
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.52 g0.79%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 57.4 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 107.6 g
Protein 25 g50.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 2% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet