Green Tomato Jam
|Chopped green tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound (6 Cups)|
|Hot water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lemons||2 , thinly sliced|
1. Cover tomatoes with hot water and boil for 5 minutes.
2. Drain and add sugar. Let stand for 3 hours or longer.
3. Drain syrup into kettle; bring to a boil and cook rapidly until quite thick.
4. Add tomatoes and sliced lemon and cook until thick and clear, about 10 minutes.
5. Pack into sterilized jars and seal.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3402 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.3%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 96.8 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 876 g292.1%
Dietary Fiber 45.1 g180.6%
Sugars 823.1 g
Protein 22 g43.6%
Vitamin A 907.8% Vitamin C 1010.6%
Calcium 79.9% Iron 125.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet