|Strawberries||4 Pound (8 Kilograms)|
|Sugar||10 Pound (25 Kilogram)|
|Alum||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoons, Can Be Bought From Chemists)|
1. Thaw the strawberries if frozen.
2. Preheat the oven to 225°F / 110°C/ Gas ¼
3. Cut waxed tissue circles, to fit the rim on the jars.
4. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the strawberries and the sugar.
5. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
6. Once the sugar has dissolved, boil the berries rapidly in the syrup for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, place the preserve jars or jam bottles in the oven to warm and sterilize.
8. Take the sauce pan off the heat.
9. When the syrup stops bubbling, stir in the alum.
10. Return the pan to the heat to the flame and bring to a boil once again.
11. Take pan off the heat and cool the jam for 10 minutes before potting.
12. Spoon the mixture into the warmed jars, to the brim and place the waxed tissue circles, wax side down to cover the jar.
13. Wipe the jars clean from the outside.
14. Put on the lids when puree is hot or after it has cooled.
15. Put a label mentioning the date on the jar.
16. Store in a cool dry place like your pantry.
17. Use as desired.
Calories 725 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.22 g0.33%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.05%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.73 mg0.03%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 184.8 g
Protein 0.49 g0.97%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 71.1%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet