Red Tomato Jam
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Pound (6 Large Size)|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Powdered fruit pectin||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Scald, peel, and quarter tomatoes, removing stems and cores. Remove seeds and drain off juice, reserving only the pulp.
2. Bring to boil in a large kettle. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes. Measure; there should be 3 cups.
3. Put tomatoes, lemon, and pectin in a large kettle. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Add sugar and boil rapidly for another 2 minutes.
4. Cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Fill sterilized jars and seal. Process in boiling-water bath for 10 minutes.