Pear And Apricot Jam
|Pears||1 Pound, peeled cored and sliced|
|Apricots||1 Pound, halved and stoned|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) In a preserving pan, add pears, apricots and water.
2) Squeeze the juice from the half cut lemons into the pan.
3) Cut the skins of fruits and tie them gently in a muslin (cheesecloth) bag.
4) Place this in the pan.
5) Allow this to reach boiling point and minimize the heat and cook till the fruit is soft.
6) Uncover the muslin (cheesecloth) bag, squeezing out the juice.
7) Put sugar into this and stir until dissolved.
8) Boil fast until setting point is attained.
9) Take hot clean jars, skim and pour the jam and cover the lid.
10) Serve with bread.