Apple And Ginger Jam
|Apples||3 Pound, peeled, cored and chopped|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Lemons juice||2 , juiced and rind pared thinly|
|Ground ginger/2 medium-sized fresh ginger root, bruised||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a preserving pan, put apples, water, lemon juice and ground ginger (if used).
2) Skin the apples and tie the peel and cores in a muslin (cheesecloth) bag along with lemon rind and root ginger (if used).
3) Place this in the pan.
4) Allow to boil, and minimize the heat and cook till the apple is soft.
5) Uncover the muslin (cheesecloth) bag, squeezing out the juice.
6) Put sugar into this and stir until dissolved.
7) Boil fast until setting point is attained.
8) Take hot clean jars, skim and pour the jam and cover the lid.
9) Serve with bread.