|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Citric acid||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Yellow food color||2 Drop|
|Pineapple essence||2 Drop|
|Sodium benzoate||1 Pinch|
1. Wash, peel and core the pineapple, removing the 'eyes'. Cut the fruit into small pieces. Wash and chop the apples. Put both together in a thick-bottomed pan and boil with very little water until the pieces turn soft.
2. Remove from fire, strain and measure the pulp. Take sugar and citric acid accordingly.
3. Boil the pulp, sugar and citric acid on low heat stirring carefully until it reaches jam consistency.
4. Remove from fire, and add the colour drop by drop until you get the required colour. Add the essence to taste. Mix the preservative in a little water and add to the jam, mixing thoroughly.
5. While still hot pour into sterilised bottles, allow to cool completely and seal with melted wax.