|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon (Of 2 Small Ones)|
1. Wash and soak the apricots for 2 hours or until the fruit turns soft.
2. Extract juice of the lemons and grate the rind (after scraping off the white, inside portion of the skin).
3. Blanch and sliver the almonds or apricot kernels. Set aside.
4. Put the soaked apricots into a large pan, add the lemon juice and grated rind and simmer gently till fruit is tender.
5. Add the sugar and apricot kernels or almonds, and boil further until it sets. The jam here will not set very stiff but will have the consistency of thick syrup.
6. Pour the hot jam into sterilised jars and seal.