Crushed Strawberry Jam
|Strawberries||1 Pound, hulled (450 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Sugar||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (Knob Of)|
1. Wash the fruit, if it is very soiled.
2. Put the strawberries into a 2.8 litre (5 pint) ovenproof glass bowl with the lemon juice. Three-quarters cover the howl with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes until the strawberries are soft, stirring frequently.
3. Lightly crush the strawberries with a potato masher. Add the sugar and stir well. Microwave on LOW for 15 minutes until the sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
4. Raise the setting and microwave on HIGH for 20-25 minutes until a setting point is reached (when the skin on a small spoonful of jam allowed to set on a cold saucer wrinkles when it is pushed with the tip of a finger). Stir the butter into the jam.
5. Allow the jam to cool slightly, then pot and cover in the usual way.