Roasted Salmon With Tomato Jam
|Rice vermicelli||4 Ounce|
|Canola oil||5 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Jalapeno||1 Large, seeded and very finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, very finely chopped|
|Minced fresh ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Madras curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Asian fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime wedges||3 (For Serving)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, very thinly sliced|
|Chopped cilantro||3 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Cilantro leaves||5 (For Garnish)|
|Onion||1 Small, very finely chopped|
|Canned diced tomatoes||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Salmon fillets||24 Ounce (6 Center Cut Fillets, Skin On, 4 Ounce Each)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° Add the vermicelli to a saucepan of boiling water. Let stand off the heat for 10 minutes, until softened.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over moderately low heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the canola oil. Add the chopped jalapeno. garlic and 2 tablespoons of the minced ginger and cook over moderately low heat until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and remove the skillet from the heat. Add the fish sauce and lime juice, scraping up any bits stuck to the pan.
3. Drain the vermicelli and shake dry. Cut into 4-inch lengths and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the curry sauce, sliced red bell pepper and chopped cilantro and toss well.
4. In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the canola oil. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of minced ginger and the chopped onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, crushed red pepper, brown sugar and rice vinegar and cook over moderate heat, mashingand stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick and jamlike, about 10 minutes. Season the jam with salt and black pepper.
5. In an ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Season the salmon fillets with salt and black pepper, then add them to the skillet skin side down. Cook over high heat for 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until nearly cooked through, 10 minutes.
6. Spoon the vermicelli salad onto 4 plates and top each with a piece of roasted salmon. Spoon some tomato jam over the salmon pieces, garnish with the cilantro leaves and serve with the lime wedges.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2465 Calories from Fat 1083
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g187.1%
Saturated Fat 13 g64.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 374.3 mg124.8%
Sodium 3579.4 mg149.1%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.3%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.3%
Sugars 50.2 g
Protein 155 g309.9%
Vitamin A 223.8% Vitamin C 421.5%
Calcium 35% Iron 79.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet